Tuesday 17 November 2009

It Happens Slowly At First...

You forget to make one post and it snowballs. So we've a bit of catching up to do here.

First of all, after the last post, a number of things have happened, both good and bad. the bad first, as always...

The Master's project is out the window. I don't have the time to work on a library this semester, or the academic backing to follow it through. With the size of the teams changing for each of the games involved in the project, a comparativve analysis would be next to impossible, and certainly not feasible to continue working on.

So we're moving on then. A couple of week in the lurch without knowing what was going on or where I could take this already failing year.

Along comes a saviour.

Joe Lyske, the man with the plan.

Our new part-time lecturer, Joe, who lead my crit session last week revealed an astounding revelation to all present. He play's Wow. And he's pretty good at it too, from what I could gather. So, after the obligatory chat about servers and classes and specs, we managed to get back on track and my project became clear as day. now, I'm going to be using WoW as a staging ground for a number of tests with LUA-based Add On programs to test how interactive audio can be better used in the game environment, and how Interactive audio differes from Adaptive audio in this state.

All this was dumped into a 10-page document, which is also posted on this blog, above. We figured it out on Tuesday, I handed it in on Thursday. My next post will update on what i'm doing in regards to the response I receive. As it stands, however, I amd working on my ethical approval, which means working out what I'm going to do in way of testing and analysis. more to come.

No comments: